R nineT /5: Exclusive model to mark the 50th anniversary of the /5 series and 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in Berlin Spandau.
Classic, authentic, original – and air-cooled. This is what the BMW R nineT models stand for. The new R nineT /5 provides another addition to the successful BMW Motorrad Heritage world of experience, this time with special historical roots: the model marks the 50th anniversary of the legendary /5 series and at the same time the start of BMW Motorrad production at the BMW plant in Berlin Spandau 50 years ago.
A look back to the past with the future in mind: the /5 series as a historical archetype.
The new BMW motorcycles perfectly matched an age defined by upheaval, rock music and a powerful sense of freedom. As a reflection of this, a wide range of bold, bright body colours was available for the new /5 models.
The BMW Motorrad anniversary model R nineT /5 not only marks the 50th anniversary of the /5 series and 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in Berlin Spandau, however. Fitted as standard with heated grips, the R nineT /5 also rekindles memories of that bygone era, bringing the /5 models back to life with nostalgic charm but in a contemporary form.
Painstaking details in the style of the /5 models for a harmonious overall package.
The coating of the engine, gearbox, fork slider tubes, wheel hubs and spokes in Aluminium Silver also stylishly evokes the legendary /5 models, as do the components finished in black such as the frame and the propeller shaft casing.
Highlights of the BMW R nineT /5:
- Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
- Spoke wheels, 3.5 x 17 inches at front and 5.5 x 17 inches at rear.
- 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front.
- ABS as standard.
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as standard.
- Heated grips as standard.
- 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel with chrome manifolds and rear silencer.
- Chrome mirrors.
- Fuel tank with knee pads and elaborate paint finish in Lupine Blue metallic with smoke effect and double line marking.
- Front mudguard in Lupine Blue metallic with double line marking.
- Double seat with chrome decorative elements and white piping, evoking the historic predecessor.
- Fork slider tubes, wheel hubs and spokes in Aluminium Silver.
- Telescopic fork with gaiters.
- High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged, clear anodised aluminium.